Job# 5169 - Automation Specialist
New Orleans, LA
The Automation Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day system maintenance and production support activities for RPA program. Works with the lines of business and development team to schedule, administer and monitor robots in the operational environment as well as participates and ensure adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes. Works with the business and development team to understand requirements and design to prepare test plans and cases. Takes direction from a Sr Developer or Automation Architect to test automation projects across the organization. Able to create and execute test plans that ensure that automations are stable for production release. Understands process automation best practices to ensure automations meet business requirements and meets stated targets for efficiency.
1. Manage day-to-day system maintenance and production support activities for RPA deployment in business units. Schedule, administer and monitor robots in the operational environment. Participates and ensure adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes. Participate to support documentation creation, update and sharing. Participate to Resiliency events (Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, etc.) to ensure Business Continuity objectives are met.
2. Able to work with cross-functional team that is responsible for managing RPA infrastructure and to handle customer support requests and efficiently resolve them. Acts as a resource and communicates effectively with internal stakeholders, technical leads, and management to regularly report on status, issues, and risks. Understand and remain fully aware of the business processes automated on the production platform.
3. Serve as Point of Contact for RPA Support, get heavily involved in rapid recovery of RPA solutions during production outages, and communicate accordingly to impacted customers. Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions to prevent reoccurrences of incidents.
4. Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing automation efforts.
5. Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all automations developed, automation environments.
6. Work closely with Senior Developer and Technical Lead in understanding the functional and technical design. Regularly leads team through preparing and estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team's acceptance criteria for tasks is appropriate and met universally. Create and document test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases.
7. Participate in the full life cycle of automation development life cycle and design and execute manual and automated test procedures. Support the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases. Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results.
8. Designs test plans for simple to complex automations that work across distributed enterprise systems in accordance with overall testing strategy. Develop and execute tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test requirements. Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide status to the team.
9. Determines more complex best practices and suggests how to improve current quality processes, standards and practices. Participate to the continuous improvement of the platform monitoring and production processes.
Minimum education required of the position A bachelor's degree in technology field
Duration: Approximately 9 months
9/80 Schedule: Yes
*Looking for a Local Candidate*
Job Status: Contract/Temporary