Job # 5340: 1 Cost/Estimator - Public Transportation E&C Projects
Provide Cost Estimating Engineering Services to the Manager of Cost Estimating as an extension of New York City Transit authority (NYCT) staff.
- Experience in Multimillion dollar estimating experience in mass transit and/or heavy rail industry is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Construction Cost Estimator in:
- Signals/Systems/Communications Discipline
- Civil/Structural Discipline
- Have demonstrated estimating expertise in the following construction methods: Subsurface construction, tunneling, Cut and Cover Construction, Mining Operations, Underpinning and Structural Support technologies, De-Watering, Concrete and Structural Steel Construction, Communication Based Train Control, Public Address Customer Information System, Sonnet ATM. Automatic Train Supervision, Advanced Communications System for Rail Transit, Electrical and power Systems, Signal and Systems.
- Will be required to interact with in house Design and Construction Personnel
- Responsible for the development and preparation of Capital Project Cost Estimates for the Capital Program, and various miscellaneous in-house designed projects during the planning and design phases of the project.
- Prepare, maintain, modify and revise (as per NYCT cost estimating requests) cost estimates for any and/or all deliverable aspects of the project including but not limited to studies, conceptual design options, preliminary design, final design.
- Prepare and negotiate estimates for Additional I Credit Change Orders in construction and contractor construction bid packages deemed necessary by New York City Transit for the overall budget management of the project. Cost estimates shall be prepared in a spreadsheet format in accordance with NYC Transit Cost Estimating procedures and policies. Cost estimates shall be prepared, itemized, rolled up and summarized in a spreadsheet format using a Work Breakdown Structure to be determined by the NYC Transit Cost Estimating Division.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in engineering, architecture, business administration and/or a combination of education and proven experience in Engineering & Construction:
- Electrical/Mechanical with a strong background in cost estimating in these Disciplines.
- 5 to 10 Years plus experience in capital project estimating
- Excellent negotiating Skills, Microsoft Excel, Word and other Computer Applications.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in state-of-the-art capital cost estimating techniques.
- Knowledge of software applications related to capital project cost estimating.
- Knowledge of NYCT capital program policies related to design/construction management and program administration.
- Knowledge of NYCT's operations and facilities is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- Expertise in civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, signal, communication engineering and /or CBTC systems and other new technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of base radio (UHF, VHF bands), fiber-optic network systems, PBX or local area networks would be a plus.