Data Network Engineer
Job #5300 – Data Network Engineer
New Orleans, LA
Ensures the stability and integrity of network and messaging services and enhancements (e.g. in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services). This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and network management tools across the organization. Responsible for analysis of network characteristics and recommendations for procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
• Perform day-to-day monitoring of network performance in an AMI operational environment.
• Respond as the Data Network Engineering representative in an ‘on-call’ 24x7 rotation to resolve emergent issues in the Enterprise environment.
• Perform detailed network package capture and analysis to resolve extremely complex technical issues.
• Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and continuously Evaluate Software Defined Networking solutions, in particular using Cisco ACI and conventional firewalls in a hybrid environment.
• Design, implement and provide ongoing support for cellular, wireless and wired technology based solutions in electrical substation, power plant, office and data center environments.
• Design, implement and provide ongoing support for F5 load balancers and associated product lines
• Design, implement and provide ongoing support for Cisco UCS environments.
• Perform analysis at physical, data, control, and higher order protocol layers and develops/prototypes network/communications systems. Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records using Word, Excel, Visio, Service-Now, and other tools.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed using SolarWinds, Wireshark, Nessus and other tools
• Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, terminal servers, Remote Terminal Units, and other hardware.
• Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Interact and coordinate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
• Participate in managing all network connectivity and security solutions.
• Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Ensure network connectivity of all necessary devices.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Minimum Education required for this position:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience required for this position IT Consultant 4-6 years of experience. 3+ years' solution design experience.
IT Consultant Sr - 6+ years of experience. 3+ years' solution design experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position: - Demonstrated experience in Cisco networking, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, network management tools, use of packet capture and other troubleshooting tools. –
Understanding of CISCO routers and switches as well as firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention devices. - Demonstrated understanding of RIPv1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, Access-Lists, route re-distribution, IP Multicast, VLANs, and spanning tree.
Previous networking experience maintaining NERC CIP environments, use of Cisco Prime, demonstrated experience with Software Defined Networking / Application Centric Infrastructure, Aruba wireless environments, VMWare, a plus.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary