Job #5402 - Business Analyst
New Orleans, LA
Within the IT organization, there are approximately 250 different positions. Using an approved process and standard formats and templates, this position is accountable/responsible for facilitating job family and job class analysis; developing job profiles and job descriptions; driving approval and sign-offs for all artifacts, and achieving all deadlines.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the OCM and Project Lead, as well as Job Description Coordinators, IT Directors, Sr. Managers, Managers and technical professionals.
Preferred office location is in New Orleans, LA. The position will require at least 10% travel to the field and corporate offices across the fleet.
SUMMARY JOB DUTIES
1. Safety/Human Performance: Ensure the Team always puts safety first. Actively promote strong safety behaviors, utilizing key tools such as Close Call /Good Catch.
2. Conduct Job Analysis: Within the IT organization, there are approximately 250 different positions that will be analyzed and formatted into a standard job profile and job description template. Also, these will be aligned by function to fit into Entergy’s classification system. Job analysis will require meeting live or virtually with identified position “exemplars” for approximately three hours, and having exemplars complete the initial job analysis template. This will require many such meetings. Each analysis will be approved by the immediate manager.
3. Develop Job Profiles and Descriptions: Using the approved job analysis documents, the BA will work with area Job Description Coordinators to develop the draft position profile and position description. These must be approved by the incumbents, and the immediate manager. Once approved they will be recorded in a master JD database.
4. Compare to Industry Standards: For many identified positions (these will be predetermined), the draft profiles and descriptions will be compared to one or more external industry databases. Differences will be escalated for review to the immediate manager for modification.
5. Drive Approval and Sign-Offs: Each position profile and description will require three levels of approval. 1) The exemplar incumbents, 2) the immediate manager, and 3) the tower/work stream leader.
6. Partnership: Accountable for establishing and maintaining healthy and positive stakeholder relationships.
7. People Leadership: Accountable to leverage IT’s Talent Management Strategy.
8. Culture: At all times, operate with the highest ethical standards and in full compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary