IT Specialist, Sr.
Job #5305 – IT Specialist, SR.
The Spear Group is looking for an IT Specialist to work with our Utility client located in the Woodlands, TX area.
***We are looking for someone with a strong “physical” security hardware background. They will be leading maintenance efforts on card readers, cameras, locks, etc.***
Primary Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Perform 24x7 monitoring to detect suspicious, unusual, or malicious activity and escalate it to the proper personnel through proper channels
- Status monitoring and event detection (24x7 eyes on glass) of physical security monitoring systems (card access and video analytics)
- Recommend enhancements and tuning for the physical security systems
- Coordinate with 3rd-party vendors for field equipment repair such as card reader, and door locks/contacts
- Coordinate alternative security measures with field support, Corporate Security, and 3rd-party security contractors
- Maintain contact and communications with business unit personnel (Transmission, Fossil, SPO, Corporate Security) regarding the maintenance of physical security hardware issues.
- Ensure that physical maintenance activities are performed in a timely manor in accordance with documented policies and procedures.
- Report all identified issues in accordance with documented policies and procedures.
- Tier 1 & 2 support for system issues such as device failure, application failure, etc.
Minimum Educational Background
- IT Specialist, SR - High School Diploma and 6 years comparable work experience
- Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP) is a plus
- Experience with Avigilon, PSIM, Lenel, is a plus
Job Status: Contract/Temporary