Lead Network Operations Engineer
Job #5318 – Lead Network Operations Engineer
New Orleans, LA
The Lead Network Operations Engineer will be a leading resource supporting the AMI Operations Center (also known as “AMOC”) responsible for day-to-day monitoring of network performance in an AMI operational environment. Prior to and during the deployment phase, this individual is primarily responsible for maintaining network health and integrity as well as the oversight of the network optimization process. During steady-state, this individual will be responsible for maintaining general network health, as well as identifying opportunities for enhancing network efficiency.
Monitor network performance through agreed upon service-level agreements (SLAs)
* Assist in the design of Optimization Areas, approve acceptance of Optimization Areas
* Liaise with vendors to enforce agreed upon service-level agreements; act as the primary supervisory point of contact with network vendor during issue resolution process
* Troubleshoot hardware issues related to the components of network devices
* Ensure that firmware and programming requirements of network devices are up to date and meeting business requirements
* Organize site surveys for placement of new access points, relays, or other network enhancement devices
* Conduct field visits where necessary to troubleshoot devices or investigate communication issues identified by other areas of AMOC
* Understand principles of network design, particularly as it pertains to network vendor tools and processes, and radio-frequency mesh technology specifically.
* During steady-state operations, take on leading responsibility in network design; devise network expansion strategy for situations such as evolution of terrain, new residential and commercial developments, or expansion of service territory, including acquisition of new territory.
* Develop governance framework for network utilization by various business stakeholders—billing, distribution automation, lighting, smart cities, etc.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science
- 10 Years overall engineering experience in telecommunications and networking design for senior level position
- 3 years of experience in a utilities or telecom operations environment preferred
- Experience with Itron (formerly Silver Spring) mesh network and head-end systems preferred
Job Status: Contract/Temporary