Job #5326 - Planner/Scheduler
· Creates or verifies work plans submitted to him/her, including parts requirements, switching and tagging requests and resources, required permits, instructions, standards, designs, procedures, prints, maps, etc.
· Works with Field Supervisors to determine critical path activities; creates estimates of man-hour and equipment requirements and time required to complete the job.
· Develops, coordinates, and/or reviews work plans for project schedules and maintenance schedules to minimize schedule impacts.
· Utilizes system and scheduling techniques, practices and criteria to develop, maintain, analyze, and evaluate best approaches; anticipates changes and recommends solutions.
· Develops detailed logic, system interfaces such as (TOA, NURS, NX-9, etc) and external personnel requirements; consults with Field Supervisors, Work Management Coordinators and company Managers, as required.
· Interface with work internal and external departments such as, project management, line management, work management and contract personnel, as required.
· Applies project and work management techniques, practices and criteria using Primavera Scheduling Tool to develop schedules.
· Analyzes proposed project schedule versus actual completed tasks; participates in self-assessments and prompt adequate resolution of identified issues.
Job Specifications: (Experience, Technical Skills):
· Technical Experience: The candidate should be proficient in project management, schedule analysis and the use of PC-based schedule software, specifically Primavera Project Planner for Windows, and with other LAN-based project scheduling tools; must have the ability to develop spreadsheets, databases and demonstrate the capability to transfer data between various client applications and platforms.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary