Job Title: Job#5356 - Project Manager
Job Description / Summary:
The project manager will be responsible for leading capital projects. The role includes managing a diverse portfolio of strategic capital projects, such as equipment and capacity upgrades, facility (office and laboratory) renovations, and infrastructure upgrades to support the development, launch and production of a rich pipeline products. The individual will have frequent exposure to senior management. Project execution will focus on safety, schedule, and budget adherence in addition to complying with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations, and codes to meet our client needs.
- Responsible for project management of a portfolio of capital projects in a GMP environment.
- Design and manage multiple capital projects simultaneously to meet client’s requirements.
- Seek innovative and novel approaches for project management, design, and construction management.
- Provide technical support to Operations supporting the implementation of new technology
- Coordinate projects with site Maintenance, Calibration, Validation, Automation, and Facilities Departments from project initiation to closure to ensure all systems are designed, constructed, and documented properly.
- B.S Degree in Engineering or related discipline perferred
- 3-5 years or more of relevant engineering and project management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a biologics or pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
Behavior and Technical Skill Requirements:
- The ability to decide and act, connect and collaborate, innovate and improve, and grow and engage are key behaviors that the individual must possess.
- Ability to safely manage projects on schedule and within budget using contractors and/or internal technicians.
- Experience using Microsoft Project as a project planning and tracking tool to successfully manage projects.
- Ability to scope projects based upon client’s requirements, obtain budget estimates, write capital appropriation requests, develop project schedules, and manage a cross-functional project team in a matrix organization.
- Strong analytical skills and logical troubleshooting skills are required.
- Understanding of regulatory, environmental, cGMP/GLP and OSHA regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge of laboratory, manufacturing facilities, utilities and infrastructure, construction, maintenance, and operations is preferred.